How To Track A Cell Phone Secretly?
Learning how to track a cell phone can help you in recovering your mobile device or smartphone if it is stolen or misplaced. Aside from finding a lost mobile phone, tracking a cell phone can also help in:
- Finding your precise location while traveling.
- Keeping tabs of where a friend or loved one is.
Tracking a cell phone has been made easier now thanks to the GPS (Global Positioning Satellite) functionalities installed in most cell phones today. Then again, if the cell phone you would wish to track does not have a GPS installed in it, you can buy and install a GPS chip in the mobile phone. There are numerous technologies and services available which you can use for tracking a cell phone. On the other hand, most cell phone networks provide an in-house GPS tracking. To learn more about how to track a cell phone, keep reading this article to the very end.
What You’ll Need
In order to track a cell phone, you will need to first of all to have the following:
- A desktop or laptop computer which can access the internet
- A cell phone equipped with a GPS chip or at least a GPS functionality (like the ones in newer phones such as the iPhone, Android devices, Windows Phones, etc.)
- A mobile phone network which supports GPS service
Begin by getting a mobile phone that has a GPS chip. The good news is that the majority of modern cell phones such as iPhone, Samsung, Blackberry, and HTC come with GPS chips already installed. Therefore, tracking the mobile phone will not be a difficult task. On the other hand, if the cell phone you would like to track does not have a GPS chip, you can install one if the mobile phone brand supports it. GPS chips are readily accessible from most mobile phone stores. Alternatively, you can obtain one by buying online. While installing the GPS chip, make sure that you are following the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Next, determine if the mobile phone carrier of the cell phone you would like to track supports GPS tracking. Because of increased competition and the need to meet user needs, most cell phone carriers like Verizon and Sprint now support GPS tracking. This has been demanded further by the parents who want to know where their children are at all times.
Find a suitable location-based service. There are numerous location-based services available on the web which you can use for this purpose. Some of these location-based service providers are the ones who offer their services even to mobile phone carriers. Nevertheless, to access and utilize this service you will be charged a nominal fee.
Once you have selected a location-based service provider, log into their official website to start using the service. Then again, before logging in, you will be required to:
- Register as a user on the site.
- Download and install an application in your desktop or laptop computer.
After downloading and installing the application in your desktop or laptop computer, connect the cell phone you would like to track to your PC using a USB cable. Follow the instructions provided by the service provider to install the cell phone tracker on the target mobile phone. Thereafter, follow the instructions sent to you to activate the app from the mobile phone.
Before giving the mobile phone to the user, wait for a confirmation message which indicates that the cell phone is under surveillance. Once you have deleted it, you can hand it over to the owner. A majority of location-based service providers use Google Maps to provide the location of the cell phone. However, you need to check which map is being used by the service provider before starting to use the service.
Listed below, are some important information provided by location-based services:
- The speed at which the mobile phone is traveling: This will enable you to know how fast the mobile user is driving. Therefore, you will be able to know if your son or daughter is being responsible if he/she borrows the family car.
- How long the mobile phone has been in a particular position: This will enable you to determine if your son or daughter is telling you the truth with respect to where they are. On the other hand, you will be able to know if your child is in danger.
As technology continues to evolve, you do not need to use a desktop or a laptop PC in order to spy on a person. If you have a smartphone or tablet with internet access, you can install the cell phone spy app on your smartphone or tablet and use it to track the other mobile phone.
The following are some of the things that you need to know about cell phone tracking:
- The cell phone being tracked has to be switched on in order to use the service.
- GPS tracking tends to consume more power and as such the mobile phone will need recharging every now and again.
- Cell phone tracking is a violation of someone’s privacy. Consequently, it can lead to a myriad of issues should the person discover that you are tracking him/her.
Listed below, are some of the benefits of cell phone tracking:
- You will be able to know where your children are at all times. This in turn provides you with the much needed peace of mind knowing that they are fine.
- If you have a service or a delivery business, you will know whether or not your employees are effectively utilizing their work times.